The Faculty of Educational Sciences is a constituent member of the Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, where, for more than half a century, teachers and educators have been trained to work in primary schools and kindergartens, both in the Croatian and Italian language.
It opened its doors in 1948 as a Teacher Training School. From 1961 to 1977 it was part of the Teachers' College, then the Faculty of Teacher Education and finally the Faculty of Humanities. In 1999 the Teacher Training College separated from the Faculty of Humanities and in 2006 it became the Department of Primary and Preschool Teachers' Education of the Juraj Dobrila University of Pula. From 2011 it was functioning as the Department of Educational Sciences of the Juraj Dobrila University of Pula and by the decision of the Commercial Court of Pazin of 19 September 2015 it changed its name in Faculty of Educational Sciences.
Dean of the Faculty: PhD Mirjana Radetić-Paić, assistant professor
Faculty vice dean: PhD Iva Blažević, assistant professor
- the Chair of Primary School Study (head: PhD Ivana Paula Gortan-Carlin, assistant professor)
- the Chair of Preschool Education (Interim head: Lorena Lazarić, senior lecturer)
- the Chair of Primary School Study and Preschool Education in the Italian Language(Interim head: PhD Snježana Močinić, senior lecturer)
The following study programmes are performed at the Faculty:
- Integrated undergraduate and graduate university teacher studies
- Undergraduate specialist study of preschool education.
Courses can be taken in both the Croatian and Italian language.